Monday, September 15, 2008

Toys for Japanese housewives

This one is for my American friends. Nothing lurid if people had other expectations from the title. Sorry. Thought people would be interested in seeing the kinds of gadgets that come with a modern Japanese apartment.
I take you first to our bum-warming, bidet toilet with jet stream and temperature controls. The nozzle moves to the back for big businesses and to the front for ladies during that time of the month. This one isn't as fancy as the one in our former condo which had a remote control function... REALLY, use your imagination and tell me how would one ever use it. (You're mad at your sibling/spouse so you confiscate it while they are in for a long haul. They are stuck inside and you flush intermittenly to throw them off schedule... Really LOL)


This computerized grill is a life-saver which I wish I could buy for my mom in Canada. My grandmother had one and it must have saved her life multiple times. They both have this habit of leaving the stovetop on and forgetting about it. Seriously, my mom came to pick me up from the airport this summer and we rushed home to the charred dinner she lovingly prepared. Once the temperature of the pot becomes too high, it automatically shuts off!! Wonderful. Love it.


This device next to the dishes I didn't put away allows me to draw a bath at exactly
39 C while I am in the kitchen. When the bath is ready, a music box chime lets me know. Very Jetson.


No idea what this is? Doesn't EVERYONE have an automatic rice dispenser??? Push the round button on the left and one cup of rice is automatically measured to come out of that container at the bottom. You can buy these things for around $50 but it came with the place...
I love all of them. Wish I could take orders. We actually had an extra bidet toilet from our old, old apartment which didn't come with one. But it's gone in the move. Who really wants to get a second-hand toilet seat....