Thanks Elsie and Tricia for commenting before I had a chance to blog. Didn't get a chance to write yesterday. Busy with Miss Universe. Koky asked me what I thought about Japanese moms because she started watching a tv show called Abarenbo Mama. I've only seen commercials of it but it seems like trials of a mom who stands up to all the lunacies of Japan socialization. Well Koky dear, the situations they describe are all very real but in real life there is no Rebel Mom who stands up for social justice.
Anyways, I wrote about my experience as a park mom after a gruesome incident of a mom killing the little girl her daughter played with. A couple of years ago, an even more macabre incident was another mom who killed her daughters friends, RIGHT IN FRONT OF her daughter. My friend Julian wrote about it for Marie Claire Australia. I am quoted it in. At a later time, I'd like to blog about my entire experience when Rio attended a Japanese preschool, but it'll be a long one...
http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/fl19991209a1.html
http://www.marieclaire.com/world/news/murder-mothers-2