Arsenette and Pam, thanks for the nice words. I should have more friends who've never met me in person!!!
I am so behind in work. Had my period so I actually gave myself a morning off yesterday. Yes, I rolled around in bed until almost noon and woke up to reheat up some beef stew for lunch. Oh bliss. But then I realized I had to get to school early because it was my compulsory "volunteer" day to help out at the school and I was so late, I didn't even brush my teeth. Gum will have to do.
I love little kids though so it really was fun. But then I had to see his teacher make sure Rio brought all his homework home. Bright kid. No clue or interest about getting himself organized. It's completely my DNA so it's so hard for me to get him organized. We have to do this until Rio gets himself on the right track and it'll take a while... Stress.
Came home to the first delivery from the food coop. All organic and quite expensive. The meats I ordered came in tiny portions. I couldn't exactly remember what I ordered so I had to run to the grocery store After the order came it. Sigh. So run around, run around. Lug stuff home. It's a four-week trial. Lots of food scandals lately. Too much food in Japan are from China. Cooked dinner. Was pretty good. Washed dishes. Prepared the bath, unfortunately the tub is not automated self-cleaning. Got the kids in it. Even got them doing homework without much hassle. By the time I read Frog and Toad to Reina, a migraine is coming on and Hiro is out late doing aikido so I won't get my shoulder massage until the next morning. I pass out around midnight hoping he'd come in early.
So today I'm REALLY behind with work so the stress is making me have to blog. Plus Keiko is coming over to pick up a bookshelf so we'll have to spend the morning having fun. Did I mention, I'm falling behind with work? Sent out one piece yesterday about food scandals. Have to final revise Ms. Universe. Have to completely write the 100 years story. And so I am way behind in my technical magazine translation which really goes until the end of October... Sometimes I catch up on work on the weekends but not this one. I have a full day of corporate interviews on Saturday, and have to review the tapes the following next week. Sunday, full family day. Catch the last day of an exhibit of Hayao Miyazaki's pencil sketches in the morning, take the aquabus to Asakusa, buy Japanese trinkets to decorate my daughter's room, (she hates Disney Princess and loves Japanese stuff, go girl) then watch the shintaido exams (it's the martial arts where my husband and I met so we have lots of mutual friends).
So the only work I may get done today is writing that letter to my editor saying that I need an extension on my deadline... Did I mention, by nature I'm really lazy?