Monday, September 8, 2008

First day of school

Okay, am I overdoingthis blog thing? I have a need to write, a lot, every day. And until 14th, I actually have no writing. Of course, I can do my column early like I usually do at times like this. But I feel like blogging. I need to write for myself.

The kids started school today. Reina liked being the tallest girl in class. She is most likely the most adventurous and athletic one as well. She introduced me to her "boyfriend." Noah is the tallest boy in the class. He's cute. She thought he was a girl at first! She didn't think much of her teacher though. Hm.

Rio got in trouble for talking too much already. Groan. He's the new kid? Why can't he just stay quiet?? Sigh. Rumor also has it he got the worst teacher in school, hysterical and doesn't like kids. Sigh. His curriculum though looked good. Next week, there are meetings with both teachers AND a parents' social night. The school is so well organized, but rules are stricter for kids and parents. Still, I am thrilled about getting them out of a multi-age school. From Rio doing Montessori from three, I've have enough!

I'm just getting over my shock about the move. Everyone is happy about it. I mean we have a view of Tokyo Tower from the bedroom and the Ferris Wheel and canal from the living room!! This is Tokyo Bay living!! We almost bought a place in a building called Urban Docks Toyosu. THAT would have really made this title appropriate. But all of Toyosu used to be the docks of Tokyo Bay so the title still fits.

Thought I'd provide insight on Toyosu living, or compare educational philosophies, but nah. Too tired.