Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The little goods and bads of life


School has started and life is beginning to get busy and tiring. But we had such a wonderful holiday. Ski trip, parties, relaxing, shopping, eating -- we got it all done. What I loved about this particular holiday was how my kids got along so fabulously. They were best friends, waking each other up in the morning and wanting to go to sleep with each other at night. Are these not the cutest pictures ever? There are a few small squabbles but the good times were definitely more plentiful. They will grow up in a few years and maybe shocked at these photos, so I want to capture them at their most intimate moment with each other.





A few times a year I gather my kids toys and clothes and figure out what I can resell and I thoroughly enjoy the process of listing them on Internet auctions.
My operating principal was never to list anything under $5, being that the efforts in transaction is never worth less than that. But with this one item, I thought it would go for $3-4 and listed it for a buck. I guess I wanted the thrill of watching people bid and it going up even if the stakes were in dimes. But the economy is bad and maybe it's right after Christmas, but this adorable wedding set had three bidders, the highest being $1.60. Groan, the mailing for just that. Okay, NEVER do dollar starts again. What's worse is altogether, I won't even get a hundred dollars for the ten items I listed. Maybe in April, I'll have better luck. I thought since the economy is bad, people would want to buy cheap. Guess fewer people want to buy at all.
There are always small bads in life. When they happen, go look for the small goods that are always there too.