So anyone else trying to lose some of the holiday pounds besides me? Went swimming a few days ago and I swear my dryer shrunk my bathing suit EXCEPT I never put it in the dryer. LOL
So yeah, it's time to start off the new year with a healthy diet program. These are the five essential items to my dieting scheme. Basically, I go on this program when I need to lose 5-10 lbs. I just try to eat lots of low-calorie high protein foods.
My weapons:
1) Pepta 100 is protein meal replacement, like the stuff guys wanting to build up bulk drinks. Sort of nasty, like raw soybeans, but I'm used to it. Kind of a drag having to mix it up, but it is concentrated health. I've tried other brands of meal replacements with flavors and lots of added-on stuff and they give me diarrhea. This is plain and works. Protein is also great for anemics needing more energy.
2) The white container is of low-fat yoghurt. Another filling staple.
3) Sparkling mineral water fills me up when I need to snack. Tea and plain water just doesn't do it.
4) The container with the tofu photo is plain soymilk. It is melted tofu. Also nasty if you are not used to it. Less concentrated protein, but quick to just pour and go.
5) The small bottle of dark liquid is a slightly sweetened rice with black sugar drink. I think it's delicious and it's a treat. I have to order them on-line and quickly running out.
My daily eating pattern:
8 am, Mornings are always the same: Coffee with non-fat milk
10am, Brunch: Rice drink with supplements
1pm, Lunch: My main meal of the day. I eat anything I want. Butter chicken curry with cheese naan, clubhouse sandwich. Also a small dessert. Take supplement
4pm, Snack: Yoghurt or Soymilk
6pm, Dinner: I will either have a half portion of dinner or a large salad with protein, today I am have tuna salad.
9pm, Protein mix with supplement.
10pm, Sip on sparkling water.
The hardest part is not snacking. I try to make things interesting by figuring out yummy salads and I do love fancy salads. Sometimes, I'll do a minestrone soup instead. This diet works for me because I have this oasis called lunch where I can eat whatever I want. Other difficult point is to remember to consistently eat something because when I am starved, I have no self-control.
This plan though has always worked for me. With regular exercise, I can lose about 5 lbs in a month. Then gradually I sneak off it. But when I need to, I commit myself to this program for at least a month and it always works.
My other goals for the year is to take better photos and be better with Internet technology.
I may try by reading my manual properly... LOL I may buy a few books to give me ideas and pointers. I don't think I'm a natural photographer, I'm always trying to live the moment and get too tired capture it visually. I'm wanting to take better food photos. LOL
And yeah, I will learn to use the scanner, upload video images on my blog, etc. Not super difficult tasks but I have been putting them off.
Oh yeah, I am taking my shintaido bohjutsu exam in March and then in October as well. They are beginners exams but at my age, I'd be proud to do them.
Nothing unrealistic. But still things that if I don't set my mind to committing, I won't do. I hope everyone has set some goals, projects for the new year too!