Thursday, November 6, 2008

Wasn't that a party?


HAPPY 7TH BIRTHDAY REINA!!!


The theme of the party was Spy, thus the false moustache. Boy, it took a lot to get them on the girls.



It's hard to imagine life without these three so very special people in my life. After our wonderful summer together, I went through withdrawal being away from them. Read about them us: http://rioandreina.blogspot.com/







Yuka is the sweetest girl in the world. The darnest thing is Michiyo doesn't have to do much to make Yuka like that. It's all in her DNA. Truly like mother, like daughter. Michiyo loves to say, "I have nothing to give you" every time I compliment her. They've given us plenty.
















Nancy who is third-generation Japanese Canadian is my oldest friend in Tokyo (not in terms of age, but years known.) She's known Hiroshi longer than I have. She is one of those "A friend is someone who knows everything about you and still like you..." She never fails to inspire me with her optimism and martial arts skills! Sakae her daughter is even more talented.













Isn't the mom suppose to carry out the cake? Keiko is the closest to a handler that I have. She just magically does everything I am suppose to without me knowing it.





Look closely at the photo of the cake being carried out. Juri is the only one sitting with Reina when the cake comes out. Then sister Pika squeezes in between her and the birthday girl. Sorry Pika, we have photo evidence, Juri was there first!!! Juri is not happy and Pika is now in pain. LOL Satoshi spends the entire party playing his DS but went home happy anyways.
Man, this was a confusing blog to post, matching photo to text. But it is an important one. Not only because my little girl is seven, but the grown ups all had a wonderful time. The kids played for a while at our place. Then we went down to karaoke. The girls loved singing but after an hour, they gravitated to the playroom next door and the grown-ups took over.
We hear the theme song from Cuteyhoney and everyone assumed it was little Yuka who's quite into anime. But a sturdy voice from a corner is singing. It is Takako, she's the one with the nice hair in the photo, gorgeous but eccentric. It was the first time I heard the song. Truth be told, I didn't even know much about the anime and chose it was my username because it was long enough and had my initials CH. CH-AKIyama works better but it's too short in some cases. When the busty heroine gets made at the bad guys, she busts out of her costume (I think). Neither Takako nor I are busty though... Anyways, I had girlfriends before who liked the show.
I am though a karaoke goddess:
1) I'm not a terrible singer but not great either, singing with people who are REALLY good makes others self-conscious. No worries with me. I love just belting it out.
2) I've done it so much, I can sing almost anything in English and Japanese and will sing with whoever is shy.
We make it back upstairs and the wine start flowing. Nancy is fascinated by how gorgeous Takako is and wants to know her secret. Keiko fabricates complete lies and we are laughing because Nancy doesn't know Keiko well enough to know she is lying AND Takako can kind of hear but she's engaged in another conversation.
Keiko says she has breast implants. "But where are they?" Nancy looks hard. (She doesn't and doesn't even look like she does...) Then we start on how Takako is recently taking her kids to school in the Porsche instead of the Mercedes. Takako says she had to take it in and got a courtesy car for something... I interrupt, "Did you get a horrid littleVolkswagen Beetle, in hideous black too I suppose." (Keiko drives a black Bug... We are rolling on the sofa with laughter.) We never bothered finding out what kind of courtesy car Takako got.
Gotta give it to this woman. Uber fashionable, she had these boots that laces up to her knees. She had to undo and do them up all day long once because you have to take off your shoes everywhere in Japan. She was never annoyed by it though we all were... Yes, if you are going to look like you've walked out of a magazine and be friends with us, you've got to take it!!! Once Keiko met a friend of mine who actually got a boob job and we spent the afternoon squeezing them. Well, this was definitely more than just Reina's party!!!