Love this photo so much I had to buy it for $12!! I am sitting in the last row with my face buried in Reina's shoulder and she has her arm around me. Wimpy mommy!
Maybe this is why... Loved the Little Green Men hats. Didn't get one though. Picture is good enough.
Believe or not, it was my kids' first time to Disneyland. Hiroshi hates Disney. And I dislike long day trips. My kids never got into Disney movies, only Pixar, so it was never a priority to go. In addition, I always felt obligated to take my mother-in-law since she's waited 25 years to go. When TDL opened, her sons were already teenagers and wouldn't go with her! Three years ago, I tried to take her but we got there late and they were no longer admitting people in. We settled for DisneySea, the adjacent park. There is only one DisneySea in the world and it's here , but it is accepted as not nearly as much fun as Disneyland. Now we live 20 mins. away, there is no excuse for not taking her.
She stayed over Tuesday night. Loved the view of the apartment. Loved the simple meal I prepared. She is sweet and the easiest person to please. She was gamed to go on all the rides. We both agreed that Splash Mountain was great and I especially liked Buzz Lightyear's Laser Blaster where you shoot at targets during the ride. (Elsie, you would have LOVED this one, very video gamesque) Disneyland has this system called Fast Pass where you can reserve a place on a ride. At 1 pm, we reserved Pooh's Honey Hunt but our allocated time was 6:50pm!! Even on a weekday, Disneyland is ridiculously crowded because grown-ups love it so much.
Everything was fun UNTIL we went on Star Tours, one of those watch a screen while your seat moves along with the story, ride. We all felt sick but Akiko had it the worst and decided that because it took her an additional 90 mins. to get back home, she would leave. She was still happy to finally make it here. The kids and I stayed longer. They lined up 100 mins. to go on Big Thunder Mountain without me. Rio could have gone for another hour but Reina and I had it. I'm proud how they entertained each other well during the wait. I really wanted to take pictures of the people there. Grown up dressed as Goofy. Moms and daughters in matching Sleeping Beauty gowns, completely with ringlet curls. This is a definitely country of cosplay.