Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Parties

Reina and I had a wonderful time at Marlinah's birthday party. Mariko had an entire table set up for the moms and we had our own food -- a ton of it. Her mom made sushi and sandwiches. Mariko made baked chicken, roast beef salad and peach cobbler. The kids had mini burgers, chocolate cake and frosted their own cookies. It was such a great group. The funniest thing was Mana telling her mom that Reina is so cool and has a mom who is so cute. LOL Hard to explain, but it's true. Reina strives really hard to be cool and I'm always laughing and swooning over the girls.

Dorthe went all out for Julie's birthday, baking a real Danish birthday pastry shaped like a little girl. As in she is Danish and she puts this amazing filling in between. AND she baked a strawberry birthday! Boy, what am I going to do in November??? Take a baking lesson at ABC cooking Lalaport. For $70, I get to bake and take home my own fancy decoration cake....

Rio's birthday is all set for the 10th and boys are so much easier. That home made prestige element is simply not there. Baseball theme cake from Costco. He gets to choose junk food. Pizza. We have invited 15 kids which is more than I wanted to, but I don't even know whether one kid from school will even show up. Oh Wyatt is gone already.... and he will be so upset when he finds out. I have to call Yukie to at least let her know and let her decide what to do... Darn. I don't think I saved her number.

I know at least Yuka, Rikuya, Callum and Tony will be there so we have a party already! I don't know any of his school friends' parents except for Yukie and as past experiences have shown, party turnout is highly dependent on parents.

Last year, he had Rikuya, Reid, Tony, Callum, Takeshi, Daniel and Yuka and no surprise, I am good friends with all the moms and some of the dads. NONE of the other boys even bothered RSVPing. Granted three of them have Korean parents who don't read English and Koreans rarely socialized with non=Koreans... And Miyuki found the invitation a month later. LOL

Darn. It's almost midnight. Too tired to exercise, maybe just some stretches. Hiroshi has the day off and of course tomorrow he wants to go to the Singaporean buffet I went to last week and having stopped raving about. We'll do shintaido in the morning and swim with the kids after school.

And my weight was finally getting down to 53 kg on Monday and celebrated with a bikini fitting! I looked fine standing up, just make sure I'm underwater, like in a cloudy foamy whirlpool when I am sitting down. ROFL