Monday, April 20, 2009

The cycle

Work has been good. Just happy when editors thank me for stories like the way Johan and Adario did. With A, he was in such a jam. I can imagine putting a magazine together the way he does. Not that he can't, but guess Elliott was a really good amateur who learned his ropes at J whereas A was a big-time New York editor before wanting to live in Tokyo. Funny, he doesn't have a girlfriend here. But he reminds me so much of Mikey, he would be sooo picky. LOL I like him though. He says I have New York energy. Guess I am hyperactive when I'm out. I sleep a lot so when I'm awake, I can get lots of things done.

Since acrodance, I've really become a sports coach for my kids and I have to say it's been great fun. I do push them, but in a fun way that has results that they can even see. Reina's reading skills... hmm, yes, I'm looking into summer programs in Canada. Basically, she needs so much review that I just can't handle it all myself.

I did Billy's Boot Camp two nights in a row which is very good considering last week when I did it, I was very sore for two days. But it's a bummer that my body hasn't shown the results... it's almost been two weeks since I started exercising regularly... like five times a week. Okay, my arms are firming up, but my mid area and thighs are still flabby. Plus it doesn't help that it is the bloating time of the month. I have to diet better... I've passed up Krispy Creme two weeks in a row... but still not enough. And I will have gained everything I worked for this week in one glorious lunch on Thursday. Sigh. But I'll go down happy. Then Friday will be my first reading group, nervous. And Rio's chess tournament. YIS is so far... Hope I'll still make it in time to see him play. Impressed how he remembered to bring his chess set to play with Akiko. Really liked how he had no qualms about asking her to practice even if she is a girl.

Okay, have to work on blog letter for the class and curriculum committee proposals. This will be a busy but fun week!