
Okay, it was an expensive birthday cake. But it was worth it. At least according to those who ate it.... Reina picked out the cake at the shop. We also liked how she could bring in a picture of the cartoon character Keroro and Tamama, and they included drew them on the plaque made of white chocolate.


Birthday girl looks happy and content. Thank you Kayo for taking these nice photos, unlike mine...

Reina's good friend Emily looks forward to eating the cake.

Reina making sure Hiroshi does a good job cutting the cake.

The girls decorated their own Halloween puzzles. Ayaka is proud of her cat.

Marlinah, Minori and Yadanar... um, I don't know what they are doing...

To me, Alexcia looks like Belle from Disney's Beauty and the Beast.

Mana and Julie are having a good time.

The girls made Shin their personal karaoke DJ, not that he minded...

The parents also had a great time at the party. The booze helped. We fully used the facilities of our building: the party room, the kid's play room, the karaoke room and this is the Japanese tatami room.

Thanks Sascha and Dorthe (who is not pictured here because the photo I took was too awful to show....) for helping with the body tattoos.
Birthday parties are not that popular in Japan. But my children have always enjoyed theirs. Unlike the Obamas, my children don't get birthday presents from us, only a party. Rio will be turning 11 next year but he is still looking forward to his. It is tiring and a lot of work but I know I'd be sad and lonely the day he says, "Hey Mom, can I have some money to have pizza with my friends?"