You will know by now that I do enjoy having parties once in a while. I think this was one of the best we've had! It can be challenging having parties for boys getting older and because Rio has friends who don't know each other, it could have been difficult. But the slime theme games worked perfectly. What I did was make unsweetened jelly with food color -- in five colors, put the blogs in plastic bags and chill them. I paired up kids who don't know each other and right then, Callum and Rikuya soon bonded, as did Tony and Shoan. Reina and Jion won the balancing the bag race. Tony and Shoan won the slime toss. Part of the fun was that if you drop your bag, the chances are the bag will break. Everyone ended up winning one of the games which was so nice. They also played a marshmallow message game where you stuff two marshmallows in your mouth and have to recite a message to your partner. That was hilarious as well. Hiroshi only took videos and I forgot to ask Dawn to take pictures... Darn.
Then we all walked over to Toyosu Park and the kids had a wonderful time on the equipment. Then some started playing badminton and toss a baseball. Some parents came to pick up their kids. We invited the Yamauchis and the Simpsons over to eat leftovers!! (I overbought food at Costco) I felt bad about Jion going home on the subway by himself so I invited him over, promising his mom that I'd drive him home. Everyone left around 8 pm, but Jion wouldn't let me drive him and walked to the station with the Simpsons. What a nice boy, so responsible, he didn't want to bother me. I made him promise to call me when he got in which he did.
So it wasn't much of a Mother's Day celebration but Hiro and the kids got me some strapped on weights I've been wanting. Michiyo bought me flowers and Takako got me a fancy hand towel. Feeling thankful for life, family and friends.